Wednesday 28 April 2010

Digital Portrait

Been having a "wuxia" craze lately. Probably influenced by the TV shows. What can I do? I'm on holiday now right? Haha... But honestly, I've been a huge "wuxia" fan since young, and it is one of my favourite - if not my ultimate favourite - genres of all time.

I haven't been doing a digital painting for a few weeks now, and moreover, I have never painted a portrait digitally before. I know, I'm such a lagging artist. Sigh! So, I decided to create this painting of a character from some wuxia show that I gave up on watching after the first episode. LOL. It was a pain to watch, really, but this particular character was the reason why I looked up for the show in the first place. She looked so beautiful, elegant, and outstanding, very much like a real Chinese goddess.

No design was being involved in this, sad to say. You may accuse me of painting it blindly, yes, but I was basically carrying out what I call a "painting study". I hope that is enough for you to forgive me...hehe...



P.S click on the pic for a closer look








.

No comments:

Post a Comment